Are you tired of being reliant on eyeglasses or contacts to correct your vision? Or are you tired of your glasses steaming up when you wear a mask? There is a permanent solution: LASIK eye surgery, which uses state-of-the-art laser technology to perfect your vision and reduce or eliminate dependence on corrective lenses. Dello Russo Laser Vision is proud to bring the benefits of LASIK to patients in New Jersey, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Long Island, and surrounding communities. With over 31 years in practice, our world-class LASIK surgeons have completed more than 170,000 surgeries to transform patients’ vision and lives. To learn more about the benefits of LASIK eye surgery, contact our office to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today.
Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery at Dello Russo Laser Vision
Dello Russo Laser Vision opened its first office in Bergenfield, NJ, in the 1990s. Since then, we have opened additional offices to extend the benefits of LASIK to clientele throughout the region. Our board-certified ophthalmologists Dr. Joseph Dello Russo & Dr. Jeffrey Dello Russo and optometrist Dr. James Dello Russo are renowned for their expertise and have trained hundreds of eye surgeons worldwide.
Our track record includes performing the first bladeless LASIK surgery using the IntraLase laser, an infrared light beam that prepares the cornea in just 30 seconds. This procedure is incredibly precise and is now the standard of care in laser eye surgery. We were also the first New York-area LASIK practice to use custom WaveFront™ technology, a diagnostic system that delivers unparalleled measurement accuracy to enhance surgical precision.
Dr. Joseph Dello Russo’s pioneering Down-Up LASIK technique distinguishes him as a leader among refractive surgeons. He also has the distinction of owning the world’s first commercial Excimer laser, a computer-controlled laser that provides top-notch precision treating the cornea. Dr. Joseph was also one of just 10 eye surgeons in the U.S. whose research led to the FDA’s approving LASIK eye surgery.
Pros of LASIK Surgery – Patient-Centered Approach
Dello Russo Laser Vision is recognized not only for its technical expertise but also for its patient-centered care. In addition to the many vision-enhancing benefits of LASIK, our personalized treatment approach is perhaps one of the strongest pros of LASIK surgery you will enjoy at Dello Russo Laser Vision. We understand that getting eye surgery is an emotional journey, and we are there to support and empower you each step of the way. In your free, no-obligation consultation, we are here to answer any and all questions, address any concerns, and determine whether you are a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery. Our surgeons are local, so the doctor you meet during your consultation is the same doctor who performs your surgery. Check out our patient testimonials to learn more about how Dello Russo surgeons stand out from the competition.
Pros of LASIK Surgery for Covid Safety
How do the benefits of LASIK extend to Covid safety? The demand for LASIK surgery has increased significantly in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition to lifestyle changes that make perfect vision even more critical – more screen time and intensified work-from-home demands – the safety concerns that come with wearing glasses or contacts in the era of Coronavirus make the pros of LASIK surgery even more pronounced. Hand-to-eye contact is a known transmission pathway for viral infections, so many patients are seeking a touch-free solution for impaired vision. And since LASIK surgery eliminates or reduces the need for corrective lenses, it means there are no glasses to fog up or contact lenses to dry out. Check out CBS’s feature on Dello Russo’s successes bringing the benefits of LASIK for Covid-related safety.
The Benefits of LASIK Enhance Your Whole Life
The benefits of LASIK enhance patients’ lives in many ways. LASIK eye surgery typically:
- Provides 20/20 vision. Approximately 96 percent of patients enjoy perfect vision as one of the primary pros of LASIK surgery. This includes peripheral vision and, for some patients, night vision.
- Treats nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Depending on your medical history and unique corneal shape, LASIK can be effective for a range of refractive errors. During your consultation, our team will determine whether you are a candidate for the procedure.
- Eliminates or reduces the need for glasses or contacts. Since LASIK surgery typically eliminates the need for glasses or contacts, you’re free of sinus pain and headaches from the pressure of glasses on your nose, the inconvenience of foggy glasses, the Covid risks of touching your face and eyes, and the eye irritation that can occur wearing contacts.
- Is comfortable and quick to heal. The LASIK procedure is performed with numbing drops and state-of-the-art laser technology (no bandages or stitching), which makes the procedure and recovery processes comfortable and expedient.
- Lets you get back to normal life the next day. Most patients can return to their normal activities the day after the 30-minute inpatient LASIK procedure. There’s no need to put your entire life on hold to enjoy perfected vision.
- Creates long-term cost savings. Both your vision and your wallet stand to benefit from the pros of LASIK surgery. When you tally up what you’re spending on glasses, contacts, and adjustments, they likely exceed the cost of LASIK surgery in the long run.
LASIK eye surgery can change your life. Contact Dello Russo Laser Vision to get the perfect vision you deserve.